Invasion Biology

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

GISP – A WEBSITE WORTH A WEEKLY VISIT!

Have you explored the GISP website yet? Well, if you haven’t, do yourself a favour. I have spent many hours browsing the web in search of information on invasive alien species over the past few days and I have to admit this was one of the sites I enjoyed the most… even if I could not find much information on this site on the specific species I had chosen for my Expert System assignment! (At least here were many links that did help me!)

The home page is packed with interesting information. I had to force myself to finish my assignment first, because there were so many interesting snippets that caught my eye that I wanted to read.

Although the global invasive species database only had information on one of the species I had chosen, the information that is available is comprehensive and very useful. (I do hope that this database will be expanded to include as many invasive species as possible.)


Karen Marais
BCB Hons NISL student
University of the Western Cape
Private Bag X17
Bellville

E-mail 2657211@uwc.ac.za

Web http://brit-journal.com/karen2006bcbnisl/

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home